Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Wednesday Quiz | 11 Comments - Click Here :


Answer:


11 Comments - Click Here :
  1. Was this the Morrison depot?


    Lee Gustafson

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wild guess. Sheridan Junction?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, over 300 views later, its now Thursday and nobody got it (see updated photo). Don and Lee were on the right "track" though.
    I better send Roper out to round up those cattle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL...

    Very Good. I should have guessed but I got tired of looking for Ft. Logan photos late last night and decided to cop-out and wait for the answer. I also was debating about the Wheatland depot which burned down in 1903. And then I started debating that it might have been a Colorado Central district depot for which I have much less information. In the cropped image you provided it struck me that this was a small depot but not quite the dinky depot that would charactorize say, the Mt. Prinston Structure. Fort Logan's depot fit the bill as did the Wheatland. The Fort Logan building was a single story 18x24 framed structure and the Wheatland depot was a similar structure 16x18.

    I also checked out the Overland Park Depot but it was way too small. Generally speaking this struck me as a Front Range location and the creek certainly begged to be Bear Creek.

    Guess I shoulda trusted my initial instinct! LOL - this was fun D!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was fun Darel. Its fun to remember that those of us along the front range have a lot of narrow gauge history in our back yard, sometimes literally. Its amazing to me our little Arvada was host to Clear Creek trains on their way to Blackhawk, Central City and the Loop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I have this print somewhere, but for now I've posted a poor quality image of the depot. When I find it I will update this post with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What colors was the depot painted?

    Lee Gustafson

    ReplyDelete